Summary and highlights of the Sigcomm 2022 networking conference held from August 22-26 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
• Google has revealed that it has been using optical circuit switches in its data centers for the past five years.
• The 136x136 port optical circuit switch is Google's design.
• Other Sigcomm-reported research includes:
• Telefónica discussing its experiences with artificial intelligence (AI)
• Understanding mobile access performance
• Avoiding WAN congestion using prediction
• Juniper Network's latest generation Trio routing chipset and how it benefits machine-learning workloads.
• In his keynote, Columbia University's Professor Henning Schulzrinne compared networking science to civil engineering, the oldest engineering discipline. Lessons drawn also apply to telecom.
The full text of the research note is available to LightCounting subscribers by logging into their accounts.